Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time.
~Lyndon B. Johnson

Sunday, September 23, 2012

RYLA, Sleeping, and Departure

So it is now official I am leaving for Russia tomorrow night. My visa and airplane ticket are in hand, and I am ready to go. This week was such a great opportunity, and the perfect way to spend my last days in the U.S. I got to attend the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, or RYLA in Heber. It was 4 days full of motivational speakers, team building exercises, and 4 days of meeting new people across the entire state. It thought me a lot about leadership, it gave me a new perspective on what a leader is, and gave me the tools to become one of the best leaders in history. When I came home last night I collapsed on my bed in exhaustion, and feel asleep for 2 hours. Tonight I need to finish packing, and I will be taking my sleeping pill, to make sure that I wont nibble on my neighbors arm while on the plane.  

No comments:

Post a Comment