Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time.
~Lyndon B. Johnson

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sorry It Has Been So Long :l


It has been a long time since I last posted, so let me bring you up to speed. My departure date was changed to September 9. I will be sharing a family with another exchange student from Colorado, we have been in contact. Russia issued me a Letter, however it was the wrong form, they had to redraft it and my contact in Russia as promised me that she will have it on Thursday August 23. I have all the documentation ready to be sent off as soon as I receive my Letter of Invitation.  I just got back from my short four day vacation in Mesquite Nevada, I was able to swim all day, see my grandma and grandpa for the last time in a year, and gave me the opportunity for some much need relaxation. I met the exchange student who replaced me here in Ogden, he is very nice, and funny I am so excited for him, as I know he will have an amazing time. My family/community going away party is being held this Saturday, it will be both exciting and sad saying goodbye to my entire family and community for a year. I have started packing, and got new pieces of luggage courtesy of my very generous friend. School has started here in my home town, and you can tell the difference from an average student to an exchange student, whereas an average student worries about getting school disclosures signed, exchange students worry about getting their visas in time. Average students worry about what clothes they will wear for the first day of school, exchange students worry about what clothes they will pack for a year, and while average students worry about which lessons they will be learning in a week, exchange students must worry about learning a new language, a new culture, and about representing our nation to an entire community.        

No comments:

Post a Comment